Friday, April 1, 2011

To My Husband ...

Dear John,

My maker of adventures, my musician, my biggest fan, and my best friend. There are few people in the world that I could spend several days with alone, on the road, and never get tired of our conversations, and our silences. Your passion for history, and your curiosity for nature and art are an inspiration to me. "I don't know everything,"  you often remind me. Yes, but you know so very much.

When my camera broke during our recent vacation, you didn't hesitate to help me to start looking for a place that could sell me a new one. You understood it was that important to me, and that's the kind of guy that you are.

As you approach a landmark birthday, I am reminded of a quote from Proust; "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."

As I type this, you are out with your friend Chris, a secret mission called Operation Shiny Object, while I wait for all of the guests for your surprise birthday party.
Happy birthday, sweet husband. And thank you.

Love,
Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment