Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Raisin Pie


My thanks this week goes out to my sister Marie, or Mwee as I fondly call her. Today just so happens to be her birthday and am I grateful she was born!
There are soooo many reasons that I have to thank Marie. One of those many has to do with raisin pie. What in tarnation does raisin pie have to do with Marie you ask? Well,a few years ago, we were up in Newport Vt attending one of my Mom's dinners that she so graciously puts on for us for birthdays and holidays and Marie and I found out that we were the only two in the family that did not particularly like raisin pie (sorry Mom) and in our usual fun way we started calling it Distraction Pie without telling anyone why. By now everyone knows but the reason was that the raisin pie would distract the others so that we could get dibs on the better pies Mom made :) You see Marie is a very willing and fun partner-in-crime and the value of that is not to be under appreciated.
Marie gently listens when you need to kvetch, she reikis us when we dearly need healing, finds things when they are lost, and her sense of humor makes you hold your side and blow whatever liquid we may be drinking out our nose when she "gets going". I could never picture her anything but my sister and friend and know that all of us sisters were meant to be together. We are a very special puzzle and Marie is a very important piece. Thank you for choosing to be my sister Marie and as we go through life, I promise to always be there for you. Thank you and I love you so much! Happy Birthday you young thing!
Love,
Diane

1 comment: