Saturday, February 5, 2011

Common Theme

This week's theme is obviously our girlfriends... and I am a happy, grateful contributor to that theme. Today, I thank Colleen Stanton, a dear friend, and follower of this blog.

I met Colleen a long time ago, sitting next to me at a film company I worked at for a brief time. But in that first day, all those years ago, I found a friend of like mind, and similar sense of humor about the trials and tribulations of working in a dysfunctional office. It didn't take long before we found much in common with our interests outside of work. We quickly found ourselves spending time outside of the office with the few hours we had off exploring those. It was with Colleen that I began my obsession with beads. It was with Colleen that I explored finer crafts and allowed myself to be creative outside of the film business. And it is still Colleen still inspiring me to take up anything creative today - millinery is now her passion - as is textiles. Of like mind, again, I find!

And when I returned to Los Angeles, it was Colleen that was the first to invite me to a party to get reintroduced to mutual friends. Today I spent a few hours with her, and like old times, we talked about issues that we're facing today in our lives. Although the issues are much different from our 20 something selves of yesterday, and somehow more complicated, we still found a way to support each other, and give one another encouragement and hope for the future, free of these troubles. She's a life-long friend that I am so grateful I have found again - not that I ever lost her! To you, Colleen, as I stated earlier, I love you. You enrich my life in so many ways! And from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment