Tuesday, February 8, 2011


My thank you this week goes to someone I have known my entire life, and I mean that literally. It goes to my sister Carol who is my first sister. Yesterday was her birthday and I am eternally grateful for each year that passes with her in it :)
As kids, being the pesky little sister that I was, I followed her everywhere. She held my hand crossing busy roads many times, took many walks through our woods together, finding a secret cabin once, climbed many trees and even went apple picking together where one time we ended up being chased by a ground hog (she yelled run when I wanted to pet it). We enjoyed many adventures together which I remember very fondly and with a little bit of a sigh for I would love to do it over. I would have and still would walk over glowing coals with her if she asked me to.

Throughout the many years since our childhood she has been my fierce protector, my cheerleader, my friend, my playmate, my guide and my sister. She has picked me up more times than I can count whenever I fell, both literally, which was quite often, and figuratively when my sensitive side took over.
I couldn’t imagine my life without her in it and look forward to making even more memories as we get older and better :) She is the best big sister anyone could have ever wanted and I am grateful! Thank you Carol!
My big sister: Always there to whisper “I’m here” when I was little and even now.

2 comments:

  1. She is indeed the best big sister and friend you could possibly have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so humbled by your generosity of spirit. Just know that from my perspective, Diane, you are very tolerant. You've come along, without complaint, up mountains in the rain, through lots of deep snow, and withstood hours of boredom supporting the interests not your own. Thank you Diane, I Love You. Carol

    ReplyDelete