Sunday, February 27, 2011

THANKS FOR SOMETHING THAT MATTERS MOST

My apologies to all for not posting my once-a-week musings on Saturdays these last few weeks... but given my recent health issues, it was not an oversight as much as a necessity to disconnect from the matrix, so to speak. Over the years of my life I've had questionable health, getting whatever bug that went around, and watching it manifest into something far worse than anyone else had with the same virus. My doctors' thoughts on the matter over the years have always been that being a sickly child, and watching it continue into adulthood was not necessarily a fault of my own, just a poor immune system, and far too many antibiotics prescribed over the years. My course of action has now begun to "rest and wait it out" through what can sometimes be weeks of recuperating. This time was no different. I'm finally on the mend, and with it I have come up with my honest to goodness, best subject ever for me to be grateful for. My health. I am grateful for all the people over the years that have helped me through each passing flu or bout with bronchitis. My husband, Jim, who checks on my regularly, my sisters and parents, the doctors that prescribed peace and solitude as much as cough medicine, and holistic healers that have suggested I boost my immune system through numerous regimens. I don't feel like I'm a sickly person, rather quite healthy, to be honest. And in that belief, I am grateful for what I consider to be a rather healthy state for the most part. There is no life threatening disease or chronic pain I live with. I eat well, sleep fairly well and get plenty of walks in now that I'm in a wonderfully warm climate again. I'm so lucky to count one of the many blessings in my life to be that I'm healthy. And for that I'm grateful in so many ways as I know others that are not as lucky as I. I hope everyone reading this can say the same!

1 comment: