Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let me begin by apologising profusely for my very late "Tuesday" blog. I have seriously gotten my days mixed up lately :)

The person I wish to thank this week is my wonderful and sweet husband Louis. After having grown up with my sisters and I am still doing so, it wasn't long before I realized that very few people "get you" like your sisters. Louis started out as just my friend who lived across the street from the apartment that my sister Ren and I were living in. We slowly became acquainted and started spending more and more time together. We had dinner all together allot which would lead to watching movies and him falling asleep with my bird Sunshine on his shoulder asleep with him. Any time he made dinner for us, he would make sure that there were mushrooms in the mix because he knew that I loved them and unbeknownst to me he hated them and never told me. To this day, he will make sure I get my mushroom fix even though he no longer will suffer through eating them. Needless to say, we became husband and wife and he "gets me".

He will cross a street without a word with me to be on the same side as a person walking their cute dog just so that I could pet it and is always watching out for animals to point out to me while we are driving. He freely uses my made up words for him and Sunshine without shyness around others and will even explain what I mean to our friends. He will hold my hand every time we walk somewhere because he knows how much I love doing so. Has watched every kind of movie there is with me even though he would not have chosen it. Has bought me copious socks in every color just so I have a choice (socks are my thing). He knows when I am feeling ultra sensitive without me telling him and will hug me to make it better, has taught me to stand up for myself and speak my mind, let me paint our house yellow even though he had misgivings about the color and generally has made sure that I was truly happy and if not, tried to fix it for me. He is my hero, my friend, my partner in crime and my love. Not to be morbid, but we have a recurring argument about who will be "going" first and I pray that we go together a very very long time from now.

I love you My Uis!

No comments:

Post a Comment