Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Meant


Hello there! Once again, Tuesday flew past with a whooshing sound. My days are now officially straight :)


This week I wish to thank a woman who I met only once over twelve years ago. I wish to thank her for being in my life because I truly feel she is supposed to be there.


Before we met, I was told that she was a force to be reckoned with(not in a mean or a bad way) and that I would probably feel a bit overwhelmed by her presence and to expect that. For many reasons (which won't be all revealed here) I was very nervous when that day came. I was expecting this being of perfectness that I would never measure up to.


Her name is Max, short for Maxine, and the day we met, what I expected never came to pass. Instead, we shook hands and instantly clicked. Before the short visit was through, we ended up on the deck in rocking chairs talking for over an hour and sipping on wine discussing everything under the sun like we had known each other for years. She gave me her address and phone number the day she left and wanted to keep in touch. To this day, we email at least once a week and write at least twice a year. As each year goes by, the attachment made on that sunny day in Virginia all those years ago never faded. She feels like a sister to me even though I think she thinks of it more as mother daughterish due to her age but to me she is definitely sisterish. Max is kind, has a sense of humor, her moral compass is straight and true and she is a good friend. I love her and am thankful to have her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment