Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Posse

It's the eve of my 56th birthday and there is so much to be grateful for. Mine is a rich and abundant life, filled with family and friends and endless opportunities. And in my life there is Annemarie and Joanne, my friends for over forty years.
My husband calls them my posse. They drove over 350 miles last week to see me. And they only were able to stay 24 hours. Yes, they are there for me,they have my back. We are there for each other. These women have circled up and ridden miles for me. They have been there for me in times of tragedy and times of joy. They have traveled great distances, prepared feasts for my wedding, sat by my side, and they know all sorts of sorted details about me --- and still like me.
Annemarie and Joanne are each in they own way, strong, compassionate, funny, incredible women. They are true gifts in my life.
We'll be friends forever -- pinky swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment