Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Anne

When we first met at that Women’s Roundtable event in Chicago, who knew that more than 20 years later, we would still be trying to figure out what we want to be when we grow up? There is one thing, however, that I do know for certain: Without you, I don’t think I would have made it through some of the most challenging times in my life. You have always been there for me – to listen, ask the right questions and ultimately bring me around to believing that, no matter what, I was going to be OK.

There are so many things I admire about you – your creativity, your spirituality, your personal style, your love for your family, your sense of adventure. Thank you for sharing all these treasures with me.

And thank you for sharing the most valuable treasures of all – Zoe and Mia. Since I don’t have any “ grands” of my own,I’ve had such a great time with them. Remember the evening I made a dress out of Kleenex for Zoe’s naked Barbie? She thought I was some kind of rock star, and that felt great.

I know our friendship will endure for the rest of our days – and then some.

Love,

Jane

3 comments:

  1. She sounds like a very rare gift Jane. Beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where would we women be without our girlfriends? So lovely to see the story of such a beautiful friendship! - Loranne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your patience with me! I didn't open your blog posting due to some confusion on the link. And I overlooked the second post because I hadn't followed up on the first -- and still you are MY friend! You love me even though I don't keep up on Facebook, etc! I am grateful that we have been where we needed to be at critical moments -- sharing both heartaches and joys! Love and blessings, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete