Friday, January 14, 2011

Thank you, Lynda ...

Today I sent a thank you note to a woman named Lynda, who creates magic.

Dear Lynda,

About eight years ago, I walked down the aisle in what can only be described as the most beautiful gown I'd ever seen in my life. Inspired by the Belle Epoque, it was a design by Reva Mavagaskar, and I didn't have $4,000 in my budget for a dress I'd wear only once. So my mother-in-law to be (who deserves several thank you's as well) set me up to talk with you -- and you turned my page ripped from a magazine into a reality. I didn't know at the time that you didn't "do" brides, but you made my gown anyway. Anyone who has had a garment made expressly for her understands the transformative powers involved.

Recently, I had the privilege of welcoming you back into my life, and did a little work with you, for which you made me another garment. We looked at pictures together, mostly of Napoleon, and you created another garment for me. Every detail is perfection, from the extra large cuffs and collar, to the trim and finished button holes. I receive compliments on it every single time I wear it.

You are a talented and spirited lady, and I'm so grateful to know you!

Thank you!
Rita

5 comments:

  1. I Know Lynda's work through my friend and your mother-in-law, Sue. Her designs are exquisite and her attention to detail is amazing. A little pleat here, a little tuck there -- it's these unique touches that make her work so fabulous. And the fabrics! And the buttons! Don't get me started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this is the coat she made??? Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but this picture doesn't show the garment as well a it should. The details are exquisite. And I'm lucky enough to be meeting with her tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But what about a picture of the wedding gown??!! Please share!

    ReplyDelete