Sunday, January 2, 2011

Practicality and Friendship....

A few weeks ago when I first heard of the 365 Days of Gratitude I was inspired to add it to my daily routine in 2011. Then the opportunity to join this blog presented itself and voilá let the gratitude begin.

The first note on day one was to myself. Recognizing my sense of humor, inclination towards beauty and enjoying the simple pleasures life offers on a daily basis. Kudos to me! Tee~Hee :-)

The next note goes out to my dear friend Rob. As I looked around my apartment one afternoon there are delightful reminders of Rob in practically every corner. From the toaster he bought as a hostess gift after one of his stays to the beautiful eggplant pots and pans he gave me on a birthday one year. All in an effort to inspire me to cook a bit more for myself. Being a single gal on the go it was a rarity that I made many meals for myself. My most favorite reminder of all is The Curtain Caper of 2009! My curtain rod was not so secure and basically slowly slipping out of it's brackets. With brilliant imagination & ingenuity he created an idea to secure the drapes. We headed to the lumber store in SoHo and purchased a 12-18 ft piece of pine to to act as solid brace for the curtains. Somehow we got that on the subway and he was laughing at the situation while I was miss~moody~two~shoes and not in the mood for such a project. After a few hours and a second trip to Home Depot for a special li'l saw to trim down the pine to fit the second window the project was finished. He forged ahead in spite of my crankiness and got the job done with dedication and joy. God Love Him.

Besides all these special reminders throughout my apartment it's our years of friendship that is an honor and a privilege to share. Recently I've had a precautionary health issue arise and in typical Rob fashion he called me to give his support. This time from Germany while attending to his brothers broken arm in a hospital where they weren't getting very good care. Rob flew there specifically to be with his brother. He was not initially on the trip. Cheers to the generosity and dedication Rob gives to his family and friends. A living example indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Rob sounds like a true friend o keep and cherish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want To Boost Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic?

    Bannerizer made it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your picked ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete