Saturday, January 8, 2011

Homes Away From Home

A full week has gone by since the start of my dedication to gratitude, and since then I have made a lengthy list of all I have to be grateful for, and those responsible for so much of it. I have many to thank, but another week cannot pass without my thanking two very dear friends for their kindness, support and hospitality. I'm thaning them both this week as between them, they've become my home(s) away from home.

I'm currently back in Los Angeles, after numerous years of living home in New England, pursuing my passion for making movies. I returned in September after working on the film "I Am Number Four in Pittsburgh - the first film I've worked on in several years. Eager to get back to Los Angeles to emmerse myself in the industry again, I came without work, and without a place to live. Two of my dearest friends, Kathy and Dominique, not only welcomed me back to town, but also opened their homes and have been giving me a roof over my head for three months now.

Were that the only thing they provided, I'd be indebted, but in addition to this, they consistently offer their sound advice, encouragement, patience and support in search for answers to my career path and life choices. They've been kind, loving and in every way, there for me. To them, I am hand delivering cards of thanks today. As I continue to work towards my goals, and search for solid ground in which to rebuild my life here in Los Angeles, I am forever in their debt, and hope one day that I will be able to repay their generosity.

1 comment:

  1. Two darling Angels both with beautiful families to boot! Glad you are in good hands my darling friend '-)

    ReplyDelete