Friday, January 21, 2011

Thank you, Bradi ...

Three years ago, I was asked to interview a candidate for a position that was being added to our department. She was enthusiastic, energetic and obviously very smart. "I'll take her under my wing," I thought to myself. She was hired and, fresh out of college, I taught her what I could about the corporate world. But I was surprised by what she taught me. Today I sent a thank you note to my dear friend and colleague, Bradi.

Dear Bradi,
When we started working together three years ago, you impressed me with your quick intelligence and willingness to take on any challenge. In those three years, you got married, we became dear friends, and you have shown me endless gestures of kindness.
Your friendship has been a great source of support, encouragement and much laughter. 

You've moved on to a new position, and I have to say I miss you sitting next to me, even if I admire your courage in trying out different jobs while you expand on your skills. You'll meet with success no matter where you go because of your intelligence, yes, but also because of your magnetic personality and winning smile.

Bradi, I just want to thank you. For your kindness, generosity, and loving spirit. I think we took each other under our wings. Everybody should have a friend like you.

Love,
Rita

2 comments: