Thursday, January 27, 2011

For this week's Thank You, I've decided to thank Mother Earth.

Without her where would we be? She gives us life. She now supports almost 7 billion people with food, water and the air we breath even though we treat her with disrespect and disregard. She offers us beautiful vistas, lakes and rivers to enjoy, mountains to climb and oceans to swim in.

Every time I drive up to Sedona, I am still in awe of the amazing "red rocks". I am so lucky to live/have lived in two very beautiful, yet very different states. Vermont, with it's vibrant fall foliage, rolling green hills and abundant lakes and rivers is such a contrast to Arizona's high desert country and Grand Canyon where the mighty Colorado River has carved it's way through, making it what it is today. I love them both. I am so grateful for the opportunities I have had to see different parts of this world, of this country. It is truly amazing.

She is only on loan to us all, what will be left for our children or our grandchildren? I'm doing my part, will you do yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment