Friday, January 28, 2011

Thank you, 102310 Group ...

Today I'm unable to send an actual thank you note, but perhaps you'll understand why. Late last year, seeing that I had so many friends who enjoyed photography, I wanted to create a platform for everyone to share their work and get feedback from others. I started the 102310 Group on Facebook (inspired by the 1010 Project) in hopes of finding ten photographers who would share with each other ten shots from a single day, but I thought it would be a struggle to find enough people who would be interested. My friends, and their friends, responded with more enthusiasm than I had imagined possible, and days later, we had 32 photographers eager to share their ten shots with each other and give each other creative feedback. Looking through the shots posted in the group's page, I still feel inspiration and admiration for the skill, vision, and perspective of these people. Some of these friends I know very personally, and others I've not actually met, but count them as friends nonetheless.

While it's a new year, I hope to enjoy many more challenging and interesting photography projects with these friends scattered across the country, and I want to thank them all for a really wonderful collaboration.

Thank you!
Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment