Sunday, January 30, 2011

Kudos to Dad....

Well, I have managed to keep up with a note a day even if I have to play catch up. Double and triple down have been the theme this week. After posting this...Saturday & Sunday person of thanks will be etched out and ready to send tomorrow.

Sent a note to both my mom and dad separately this week. Realizing that they are individuals and have given similar and at times separate kinds of support. Having a daughter that dreams and desires things they can't understand or relate to was not easy at times. For the purpose of this post I will focus on my dad and his subtle and quiet enthusiasm in spite of his thoughts of my choices. Being an independent free thinking and spirited girl truly gave my dad a run for his money. He has always been supportive of my acting career yet he was convinced I should have 'something to fall back on'. We've had countless conversations through out the years. Usually, when I get frustrated and am questioning my choices. He'll throw that doozy in there. What is so great about him is that he does feel strongly about me finding something stable or marrying a man with money perhaps-or marrying a man period(Hey, I wouldn't mind that either-LOL). I digress. When I received my acceptance letter to the American Academy of Dramatic Arts he sat next to me with just as much anticipation and nerves while I opened it. When the result was 'You are accepted' he beamed and gave me the biggest hug. He was so happy I was happy. At the end of the year there are a set of exam plays. He flew down and surprised me to attend the plays. He raved about one of my performances and couldn't picture anyone else in the role. Nothing like a father's love, huh? He doesn't understand how I can take all that rejection and continue to forge ahead. It perplexes him yet he still loves and supports me. He does think I'm crazy-too. Which makes me smile. Again...unconditional love prevails along with differences. Cheers to having your opinion and allowing me to be who I am. Appreciate all the years of love, contention and humor. Thanks Dad!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment