Sunday, January 30, 2011

Supportive Words, and Kindred Spirits

This year, I returned to motion picture production after several years absent from the film industry. While shooting the film "I Am Number Four" in Pittsburgh, I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely women named Gae through my boss and dear friend, David. From the moment I met Gae, I have much to be grateful to her for. While getting to know her over long dinners, and drives back and forth to the airport, I've had the pleasure to speak to her on many of life's issues, and found her on a similar journey to mine, a kindred spirit, making me feel less alone at times when I needed that most. While she did not work on the film, rather, was a visitor, her presence and positive energy was felt accutely. Over the year, she has engaged me in many thought provoking, interesting conversations about life, love, work and spiritual journeys. And through those multitude of conversations, she's provided kind, supportive words, constant praise and lent a thoughtful ear on every subject of depth that has occupied my thoughts during this difficult year, helping me find my way once again. She's been kind enough to lavish on me her patience, and ultimate faith in a positive future, whatever that may be. She's been my biggest fan, and for that, and so much more, I am indebted to her. A kind note to her via email and a quick word of thanks over dinner this week just isn't enough. I hope one day I'll be able to thank her properly in return through support of the same kind she's so generously has offered me.

1 comment:

  1. It is truly wonderful to find people like that Ren. I am happy you met Gae.

    ReplyDelete