Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thank you my Soul Sister

This first "Thank You" goes to my dear friend Sandy. We have known each other for almost thirty years now. We first met when I moved to St. Johnsbury, VT from my home town of Newport, Vt in 1983. We both applied for a job at a new restaurant in town, finding that we also lived within a block of each other as well. The friendship grew from there. We went through the joys of raising children, our eventual separations from our spouses, and the realization of a dream of traveling through Scotland together. She has always been there for me through the good times and the bad.
When I decided to move to Arizona, she spent many weekends with me, helping me sort through my possessions, packing and cheering me on, waving her pom-poms. She supported me through my first several months after my move, knowing I was having a hard time, calling me everyday. She is an amazing, strong woman who has been through it all and is still smiling. I am honored to call her a friend.

1 comment: