Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pursuit of Thanks...

I've had much to be thankful for this week, and yet, I had difficulty feeling grateful for anything by week's end. A feeling that some, I'm sure can relate to. A week goes by, and after the stressful deadlines, the time-consuming chores, the expectations placed upon you (some by yourself) and the feeling it is all for nought... well, its hard to find your equilibrium and a balance, let alone the energy it takes to pursue your happiness and heart's passions while still trying to make a living. This week was one of those weeks. And yet, in my complaints and frustrations voiced to my sister, Marie, I found that equilibrium I was seeking. While I've thanked several people this week, tonight I write, albeit, past my deadline, in thanks for her.

These last several months have been somewhat difficult for me. I've been having a hard time finding my footing... not because I don't know what I want from life, and aren't pursuing it. It's from being exasperated that I've not found the obvious path by which to achieve my ultimate desires. Tonight Marie, in her open and quiet way, listened and advised me in the purest way. She consistently listens patiently to my complaints and frustrations while reminding me that I am pursuing what I want, and that's worthy of celebrating... and in a place that I should be grateful for, as well... warm sunny Southern California (70 degrees in January). Some people never get the chance to explore their right to the pursuit of happiness. How lucky am I that I can.

Marie has helped me in that pursuit, through giving me some of the emotional tools that I need to survive this major change in my life, books that have given me answes when I was seeking them, and most of all, her constant positive attitude and support given without judgement. For all this and more... Marie, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, and the pit of my stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment