Monday, January 31, 2011


The single lasting comment

This week’s thank you note goes to someone whose name I don’t even know, never did. This is an illustration of how our slightest gestures or comments can have a long lasting impact.

It was a sunny Saturday, Paul & I had traveled to his younger brother’s football game. It was the Shrine Game when John was a high school senior. It was half time, so we went to get a snack. Well there was a hotdog vendor doling out hotdogs to the people in line. Paul & I must have been conversing pretty exuberantly, and I was laughing quite a bit. When we got to the head of the line to order and receive our hotdogs, that man looked Paul in the eye and told him that he better keep me around because of that great giggle. Well, my sweet husband to be at the time took notice of that comment, and he to this day reminds me of it on a pretty regular basis, which of course makes me giggle.

So remember, when you are going about your day, and feel an impulse to say something nice to someone, go ahead, that comment may just have a ripple effect that endures.

2 comments:

  1. I keep such comments in my back pocket for years, just to savor years later. It's a delight when you encounter people who really "see" us! You DO have a delightful giggle ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you do have a wonderful giggle :)

    ReplyDelete